A bonus post for Mexico- our favourite frozen Margarita recipe!
The classic citrusy tequila-based cocktail, a perfect combination of sweet, salty, sour and bitter, is thought to have been invented in 1938 by a bartender in honor of Mexican showgirl Rita de la Rosa.
1. Rim a cocktail glass with lime wedge then dip in a saucer of salt.
2. Add crushed ice, tequila, Cointreau, lemon juice, lime juice, and sugar syrup to a blender.
3. Blend until mixture has a shaved ice consistency.
4. Pour into cocktail glass.
5. Garnish with other lime wedge.